Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Things have been a bit "crowded" in the hood for several days now.
Uhmmmm..........so if I don't learn this flying thing the first time I'll end up WHERE?????? That's a LONG way down......THERE!!!!
I think the thought of "down there" prompted all the practice flying!!!
And then they were gone! I had hoped to see them actually leave the nest....I went inside for a few minutes, came back out and they were all gone. I noticed Mama Bird was at her usual perch......several feet from the nest where she has pretty much stayed for the past few days....she flew back to the nest, saw it was empty, flew into the woods and hasn't been seen since.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
We spent a day visiting with the family, did manage to sneak a bit of knit time and finish one of the Festooned Frippery Sock.
This is such a fun, easy sock to knit!! I haven't worked much at all on the Ophelia vest....but did cast on for another sock....(I don't know why I even TRY to knit anthing else....I keep coming back to socks)....I think this last pair I cast on makes pair 34?????
Hi, My Name is Darlene, and I am addicted to knitting socks.
Friday, April 10, 2009
1. Anonymous...is all about being FREE!!!!
2. Getting older is a good thing....most of the time.
3. Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, although I would rather STRANGLE you!!!
4. Watching everything bloom is what I look forward to most about Spring.
5. Who needs therapy when there is knitting!!
6. PEEPS MUST go into the Easter Basket!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to knitting, eating BBQ, tomorrow my plans include the annual clandestine, late night hanging of easter eggs on the "Easter Tree" at my God Daughter's house and Sunday, I want to REJOICE.....and enjoy Easter lunch with my family!!
Happy Easter to those that celebrate it!
Monday, April 06, 2009
It's the invasion of the SOCKTOPUS!!!
Grace picked these up for me from IKEA....the PERFECT way to dry socks...of course Heidi isn't too happy, she can't knock the socks behind the dryer.....boo hiss!
The weather this weekend was GORGEOUS...of course we are back to cold temps and a freeze warning for tomorrow night!! Ahhh....Alabama weather!!
Between pulling a few weeks I managed to finish two socks for a total of 2 pair. The pair on the left are for me.....knit with Koigu sock yarn (my first time to use this yarn).....in the Groovy Socks pattern from Sock Pixie and this may be my new favorite pattern!!! Super fast, not much thinking involved....yep...I like it!! The pair on the right are a pair of garter rib socks knit with KnitPicks sock yarn for my DH.
The pulling of weeds (all 3 of them)...required a chocolate reward.....
I took this as a sign I should be knitting, ditched the weed pulling....(cute little bunny and sheep M&M's)!!
And cast on for another pair of socks...
Shocking I know!!
Friday, April 03, 2009
1. Angel or not, I will speak up, loudly if necessary to right wrongs.
2. If you show up with yarn you can have me any way you want me.
3. As my mother used to say, you're full of hmmm....I don't recall my mother telling me I was full of anything....perhaps I am in denial?? LOL!!!
4. I HAVE to take a shower after I'm done working out or doing something strenuous.
5. Even in the most crowded of rooms I feel self conscience.
6. Every Day is a day fraught with peril.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching ER as we lost power due to storms, tomorrow my plans include cleaning one flower bed (pacing myself..LOL!!)....and Sunday, I want to cook and knit, my two favorite Sunday afternoon activities!