Friday, April 30, 2010
Bella's version of helping with the laundry.
And...here we go!
1. I was MEANT TO BE THIN AND BEAUTIFUL!!!
2. I _________ and I left my book _________. (Couldn't think of a fill in for this one.
3. Why DOESN'T MONEY GROW ON TREES???
4. NEW YARN was in my thoughts today.
5. One of my father's favorite sayings was WAKE UP...TIME TO GO TO THE LAKE ...oh wait....I think that was MY favorite thing to hear my Dad say!! LOL!!
6. CRAZY PEOPLE--I know that feeling!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to RESTING, tomorrow my plans include CLEANING HOUSE (UGH) and Sunday, I want to REST!
Friday, April 23, 2010
And...here we go!
1. Where are my MAGIC POWERS DARN IT???
2. If wishes were horses I WOULD HAVE A HERD.
3. I'd like to see LESS OF ME.
4. When I was a teen, I thought I WOULD N.E.V.E.R. GROW UP AND LOOK LIKE ALL THE "OLD" PEOPLE!! (Wow...and here I am)!! LOL!!
5. One of my mother's favorite sayings was .....hmmm....I don't recall a favorite saying....other than "Get off the phone" and "Clean your room"! LOL!!
6. I'd have a hard time doing without my COOKIES!!! (I'm dieting).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to RELAXING AND KNITTING, tomorrow my plans include LAUNDRY and Sunday, I want to KNIT!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
DANGER!!! Prior to this photo......despite throwing out about 6 or 7 pairs of socks due to HOLES.....(and one of my husbands wool suits).....we had not seen any signs of moths in the house.
I have NOOOOO idea where this fella came from, I was at the kitchen counter pouring a cup of coffee when out of nowhere he is hovering. Maybe he just needed a jolt of caffeine after all the wool munching that has been going on. All I know is that he is now a DEAD moth....whacked on the head and dragged across the counter top for good measure!! (enlarge photo for gory details).
Sunday, April 18, 2010
What we originally planted was junipers to fill in underneath the Crepe Myrtles, to soften the retaining wall with tiny bits hanging over.
What we GOT was 4 truck loads and numerous trips I made, pulling branches to the edge of the woods for future burning.
Can't tell by the picture, but some of the branches are thick as my arm!! Obviously, the junipers were mislabeled!! We will finish cleaning the bed, pull up the stumps (too large to dig up)....and go with Plan B....as soon as we come up with Plan B.
In the meantime......off the needles:
Hubby Socks.....after bringing it to my attention that the ratio of HIS socks to MY socks was WAYYY less, I decided to knit him a pair!! One down, one well on its way
Fortissima Colori Socka Color by Schoeller Stahl. Color #8
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
I have quite a few pieces I have knit that I remember: a specific project I was knitting for, something in particular that was happening at the time I was knitting, who I was knitting for, where I was when I was knitting, etc.
I have "busy" hands....I can't sit idle without something to do, so most of my knitting is just the day to day kind of ordinary knitting we all do. The kind that you don't give much thought to.....like "T.V. Knitting"...or waiting for an appointment kind of knitting. I always have socks on the needles for just such times.
These socks have a story:
(stay tuned for future update on the brown spikes)
I started these socks awhile back....I think I started 6 or 7 pairs of socks one week and this was one of those. I occasionally would dig them out and take to knit night when I knew I was going to be helping someone or just in the mood to cut up and have a good time, just in case I decided to knit a stitch or two, something I didn't need to concentrate on, no serious knitting. Nothing special, just my version of the vanilla sock: K3, P1. Never making much progress.
Somewhere in the mix, these socks turned into a different kind of knitting. Knitting that was hastily thrown in a bag as I was heading out the door...so while I waited I wouldn't have to sit with idle hands....then they turned into socks that were knit when things were beyond my control and I was feeling helpless to do anything....so I knit...because that is something I CAN control....you can control what stitches you make, in what order you knit them and you KNOW the outcome of what you are knitting.
I started these "mindless" socks a long time ago, never thinking about what kind of socks they would become. I had so many hours of knitting I got SICK of knitting..... I put them down, picked up a book or three, read them straight through. I haven't done that in years!!! Not since learning to knit!!
But......eventually I felt the need to complete the process, so I pulled them out, finished them up, and have decided to keep them. I wasn't going to....I thought about who to give them to, but they weren't mindless knitting, not happy knitting so I decideded to keep them....... If for no other reason than to remind myself that life isn't always fair, bad things happen, and that no matter what goes on, no matter the circumstances.......every single day of life is precious!! There ARE no bad days!!
And as a reminder in the Fall, when I pull out all my lovely socks, I'll run across this particular pair and they will be a reminder of where I was when I was knitting them, and who I was with when I knit them and that she is no longer here. AND.......that it is time for my yearly mammogram, to STOP and make an appointment before time gets away!!!!!!
If you don't get mammograms or are late getting yours (like I am)........get one and encourage everyone you love to get one!! Don't let the fear of the unknown stop you!!!!