Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Wow....I can't believe it is time for another Friday Fill In!! This week has FLOWN by!!
And...here we go!
1. Why do we have to be responsible.....sometimes I just want to do what I WANT to do, not what I SHOULD do!!
2. Worry and planning for the future are now habits.
3. I have more yarn than I need, but not as much as I want and NEVER the right weight or amount that I need for any given project!
4. I had never heard the phrase " people get high exercising " and it work for me.....but then again, maybe you have to exercise for more than 10 minute intervals for those endorphins to kick in.
5. I will "do" the way I always do.
6. How was I to know that life would go by so fast...I would have savored it more.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hopefully having my little dog Max feeling back to his old self, he has been sick the past 24 hours, tomorrow my plans include emptying out a storage warehouse and Sunday, I want to do my usual.....KNIT!
Friday, March 13, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
YIPPEE.........the roving trees are in bloom!!! LOL!!
In 24 hours the birds have picked
the trees clean....going to be some very colorful nests in the hood this year!!
In 24 hours we have gone from this.........
To THIS.......busy little bird!!! Interestingly enough...it appears the FEMALE has done all the work, building the nest.....with the MALE showing up as the sun was setting to check it out......just like a man!! LOL!!
AND.....My sister knows how much I want some sheep....so she got me this one!!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
I believe this corner of the house will have to be passed over for cleaning this year!!
Every year we take a Spring pilgrimage......around the house, to make a list of all that has occured during the winter months and needs to be addressed before summer hits. Which of course is almost impossible to complete all that needs to be done, considering Spring usually consists of only a couple of weeks before Summer hits!! LOL!!
The new addition is right off the back porch, which has been a constant source of entertainment for Heidi who has spent countless hours watching the comings and goings of the construction crew. (Thankfully supplies are plentiful and we haven't had the problem that Sydney has has had)!
It will be fun watching things progress!! I'm heading back out to distribute some bits of roving in hopes some will be incorporated in the new house.......looks like I may be too late though....this "house" is almost finished.....I imagine there will be new tenants in the next few days!!
AND....check THIS out!!
Is this not THE cutest rug??
My Mom sent this to me and the picture doesn't do it justice....looks rather washed out when in fact, the colors are very rich!!
It has met with the Heidi seal of approval.
And if you are wondering why there are so many different rug patterns you are seeing, it is for Max....who is pretty much totally blind now. He has such a hard time on the hardwood floors, would start walking then stop.....and whine.....but with the introduction of the rugs....he can feel his way to his food bowl and not get scared. I love this little dog to pieces and fear when it is his time to go.....I'm going to have to go with him!!
Monday, March 09, 2009
Friday, March 06, 2009
1. Helping a friend was my last random act of kindness.
2. Another place, but wait.......I like THIS place!!!
3. I don't care for people that display the negative things in matters of the heart......a genuine, kind heart is more important to me than anything else!
4. Coffee, tea or MARGARITA!!!
5. Unfortunately my want list and my checkbook must sometimes take separate paths.
6. Our Family and Friends reminds me that there is nothing you can't weather!!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going with a friend and my sister to an open house for a new restaurant, tomorrow my plans include working on income tax (yuck) and Sunday, I want to what else.......KNIT!!!!!!
Sunday, March 01, 2009
I got MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can NOT believe 23 years have FLOWN by.....very scary, time just shouldn't go by so quickly!!
I checked the "official" list of traditional anniversary gifts, hoping that year 23 was the year of wool......but no such luck.....it is silver plate for those that are interested...but who can knit with silver plate????? LOL!!
BUT.......we don't tend to follow the traditional around here, so instead of silver plate.......I got .......
LOT'S OF SNOW
(well, lot's of snow for middle Alabama)
BEAUTIFUL, GLISTENING, MAGICAL SNOW!!
Now how lucky can a girl get???
BEST guy in the world...AND SNOW???
Heidi was enthralled by it all!!