Monday, July 10, 2006

After taking my "mini" sock class on Saturday I was so excited I didn't want to stop knitting!! I didn't get a chance to knit any following the class and decided to take my "mini" friend on a trip with me to Mississippi State University Sunday in hopes of completing my "sock education" and graduating on to a full size sock! Although I wasn't able to finish the sock I had high hopes of completing tonight!!


UNFORTUNATELY Max had other thoughts!! Hard to see but he managed to pull out one needle, chewed one to a pulp and just generally made a mess.... he must have thought if he didn't actually look at me I would never know he was the one happily munching on the needle when I walked by!!!! I think the sock gods are against me!!!

9 comments:

Alabama Gal said...

Poor old Max, you left him all alone Sunday and he must have been mad at you.

Mom

wendy g said...

Oh no! You must not ive up on the socks!!! You do seem to have had several setbacks though.

Becky said...

OH no! My Maggie, my sweetest 4-legged child LOVES knitting and needles! She's a bit of a clepto. She'll steal anything and take it outside and chew it awhile. I used to find balls of yarn outside but I think she's figured out finally that those are not hers.

It might not be a bad idea to make yourself a "sock bag" to stuff your needles and forthcoming sock into when they are not in motion.

But do not let this deter you from sock knitting!!!

Life's a Stitch said...

Love your companion. My first scottie was "Mack, sometimes called "Max."
Li

Yarn Collectors Anonymous said...

Max does look like a Scottie in this pic doesn't he? Actually he is a miniature schnauzer who doesn't realize he is a dog and can't knit!! LOL!! He's a high maintence kind of guy no doubt but we love him!!

Emily said...

I get that sort of abuse from the animals a lot. They like pull-skeins...

paula said...

Good luck with socks. I had years of practice with worsted Xmas stockings on size 8 needles before I tackled size 1s and fingering. Hmmm, something about this photo is giving me deja vu... Like I see the same inside view for at least an hour each day.
I thought Max was a Scottie too.

tonni said...

Poor Max - he just wants to do what his human does!

RheLynn said...

Oh :( Sorry to see your sock met a gruesome end! Don't give up though! I found making a sock out of worsted weight yarn was great to learn on - then moved to 'sock yarn.'

Your doggie is cute, if very naughty!