Monday, September 17, 2007

Decorating With Yarn


My VERY FIRST YARN !!!


I jokingly (?) told Beth that if I was able to actually learn to spin some yarn I was going to put it on display for all the world to see!!


Well......here you go Beth!!!


Beth knew that this particular roving would be so much easier to learn to spin with and was so kind to share it with me!! I am so tickled that I was able to spin yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SOOO much!!!!!!!!!


I now have an empty bobbin on the wheel and plan to try to spin some of the roving that I bought from Elizabeth!!

Jessi and I plan to get together tomorrow (I need a bit of a refresher getting started on my spinning).....and I hope to have more to show in a few days!!!!!


ALSO.....I have added a countdown to SAFF on my sidebar. If you are going to SAFF I would LOVE to meet up with you while there!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should put your first yarn on display! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first yarn!

Anonymous said...

That's beautimous Darlene

Tonni said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you :)

Bubblesknits said...

Great job!

Be prepared for wild youngins tomorrow! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yay! Spinning!

Unknown said...

YAY, your first yarn looks great! Love the look of it up on the pedastal too! And so the roving addiction starts I guess! haha

Anonymous said...

It looks great! The colors remind me of a scarf I made out of some of my earliest handspun! Woo hoo!!!

The Yarn Nut said...

Way to go spinner girl!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

Yay! It's beautiful yarn!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are so cool!