Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Baa Baa Black Sheep Have You Any Wool????







Yes Sir, Yes Sir, THREE Bobbins FULL!!!!



Now comes the FUN part.....according to Elizabeth I have a few more steps before I start knitting. Seems I have to soak the yarn and then "whack it".....now I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not but for some reason whacking the crap out of skeins of wet yarn appeals to me!!! LOL!!! Major Stress Buster???? LOL!!!



This is some pencil roving that I bought in Huntsville to be used with a drop spindle. I wasn't able to get the hang of the drop spindle and decided to put it aside until I could get some help. I completely forgot about this until I was "digging" for something else and came across it!! Don't you just love when you find things you forgot you had??? Once I get this off the bobbins I can move on.............



To Spinning THIS!!!!!! Blue Faced Leicester roving!!! This is SOOOOO soft!!! Hand dyed by Elizabeth herself!!! I can't WAIT to get this spun!!!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! Looking good. I love the colors, too. Any idea what you're going to knit with it?

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Hmmmmm.....maybe a scarf....I dont' know that the quality of the yarn will be good for much else.

Tonni said...

Congrats! Love the colors.... doin the happy dance for ya!

Bubblesknits said...

Oooh, I love BFL! It's my favortite to spin with. :-)

Congrats on the 3 bobbins! I can't wait to see what you make with it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first yarn, and it's beautiful yarn. Hey whacking wet yarn is one of my favorite parts. I love BFL fiber! I'm looking forward to seeing how that spins up.

Unknown said...

Wow, you go girl! That looks great! I always give my yarn a good Thwackin' It does wonders, especially becasue I usually tend to give it a little too much twist while I'm spinning. Can't wait to see that BFL all spun up either, that's so purdy!!!

KaKi said...

I am so impressed! You are doing a great job! You must stop tempting me to spin! I cannot afford it, but "whacking" something and not getting turned in to social services???? Interesting!! That may be worth the money!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are really enjoying learning to spin! I love the colors in your most recent yarn! Just beautiful!

Christy said...

Look at you! How cool is that :) I love the colors of that roving..so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with you and you mad skills!

The Yarn Nut said...

OMG! I LOVE the color. I can't wait to watch you do this.