I just can't stop with the socks.....I am totally hooked on socks. I think about other knitting....quite frequently...but just keep coming back to socks.
Here are My Top Ten Reasons for knitting socks.
10. They always fit!! (Compliments of Laura)
9. Shopping for sock yarn is stress free....you typically buy one skein, no calculating yardage, weight, etc.
8. Portable, you can shove in your purse and take ANYWHERE.
7. There are unlimited sock yarns available.
6. There are unlimited sock patterns available.
5. Shopping for a new sock project is WAY cheaper than shopping for a new sweater project. (Edited 5-27-09, Emily brought up an EXCELLENT point......MORE opportunities to wear socks in Alabama than sweaters)!! SO TRUE :) :)
4. Socks save energy.....wearing woolen socks keeps your feet warm and warm feet = warm body = lower thermostat setting!
3. The money you save on your power bill allows for extra sock yarn purchases!
2. Knitting socks in public creates quite a stir.....especially when knitting with DPN's.
1. And the NUMBER ONE reason I like knitting socks........it makes me happy!!!!!.
Nutkins knit with Frances Patrick sock yarn, Deepest Forest color.
Bubblewrap socks by Sock Bug!! What a FUN knit!! Knit with The Unique Sheep sock yarn, Geranium color.