Well here it is October 3th and I STILL don't have my socks cast on for Socktoberfest! I needed to finish the Blue Suede sockmate but I ended up with a major mistake and ripped the entire thing out.....and I have this insane desire to finish this pair before starting another pair! Somebody PLEASE stop me!!Guess this means I am going to have to break down and buy another set of circs to use for socks!!In the meantime here is a list of questions from Lolly's blog for the socktoberfest members to use.
1. When did you start making socks? About 4 or 5 months ago.
2. Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class? I took a class for making socks using DPN and Tonni taught me to make socks on circulars which I must admit my first sock was GREAT.....the second sock...well....in a fit of incredible stupidness I totally messed up had to rip out the entire second sock......I'm thinking I might need a refresher!!! LOL!!
3. What was your first pair? A striped pair using yarn from Knit Picks How have they "held up" over time? Well.....since I just learned to make socks this Summer I haven't actually worn them yet but I did darn all the holes pretty good so hopefully they will hold up!! LOL!!
4. What would you have done differently? Not much as they were a "learning" sock.
5. What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? All I have used is Knit Picks yarn so far but my socktoberfest sock yarn is a hand painted yarn!
6. Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? Knit on Circulars.....Circs rock!!!
7. Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) WELL......I have only made one kind but I'm not sure what it is!!!
8. How many pairs have you made? 2 pair completed...working on my third pair!!