Monday, October 09, 2006

NEW Knitting Book!!!!




















Look what I got yesterday! I have about 7 or 8 books in my knitting collection but this one I must admit is one of the best ones I have seen!! This book has SOOO much information in it and has great instructional pictures! I have read about Intarsia....this book has some really good, easy to understand pictures!!

The stitch library section has so many stitches I have never seen!!

Best of all? The book was a gift from my mother.....for my birthday.....which is really strange since I stopped counting birthdays 3 years ago.....(I figured 45 was a good age to be so I have decided to stick with it) !! LOL!!

We had a wonderful lunch yesterday, mother made chicken and dressing (which is the BEST in the world!) with all the trimmings and a very pretty Cake.....but since there is only a slice left over for breakfast I can't share it with you!! LOL!! Life is short....eat cake for breakfast!!!!

For my "non-birthday" My sister gave me a gift certificate to the LYS!!! (oh darn....guess I'll HAVE to buy more yarn!! LOL!!!) My mother also gave me some $$ which I am going to save toward my trip to Maine.....which unfortunately isn't scheduled until NEXT Fall.....oh well.....got to start saving now!! I also got a REALLY pretty cake plate from Williams Sonoma which I love, Philosophy bath gel and some $$ which will also be deposited in my trip fund account from my baby sister.

I will post a pic later of my blue suede sock with my black sheep of the family.......and NO it isn't a relative!!! LOL!!! I just finished the heel flap last night....I have GOT to get this sock finished.....I need the needles to start my Socktober Sock!!!

I am most grateful today for my family, I have a plethora of friends and a wonderful husband...what more could a girl ask for???

:) :) :)

9 comments:

Tonni said...

You didn't tell me it was your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY - even though it is a little late coming :)

I have that book... isn't it wonderful?

Trip to Maine in the fall? A place I've always wanted to see!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Saw the cute sheep you got from Becky. What very nice gifts too.

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I haven't received my new "flock"....hoping they will be here today or tomorrow! They are soo cute and Becky does such a good job!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like a fun day and you got some great gifts! The trip to Maine sounds interesting. I've been there briefly but I've always wanted to go back and spend more time.

Doogle Knits said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you . . . I'm glad it was a good one. I've got that same book and it is great.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a good one! :)

ginger said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Well that book is on my list too. You'll have to tell me how you like it. And congrats on the "non birthday". I stopped around that time too. We are almost the same age you see. (If I were still counting I'd be 48 right after new years, ugh.)

Tell me about the trip to Maine!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am almost done with one Socktober sock