Monday, January 01, 2007

What I Did Today!




















I'm not a lush....REALLY!

I LOVE New Year's Day!!! I stay in my P.J.'s all day, drink Mimosa's, eat whatever, whenever, read a bit, knit a bit and generally end the day with a long hot soak in the tub and a good book!! Ahhh.....heaven!!! If only every day could be so wonderful and stress free!!!

I thought I might finish this sock......I'm almost down to the toe decrease.....I am SOOOOO loving this yarn!!! It is Blue Moon, Socks that Rock yarn and there is just no comparison between it and the Knit Picks Parade and Simple Stripes I have used in the past! Love it so much I joined the Rockin Sock Club. First shipment is in February.....I sure hope I am going to be able to follow the patterns that accompany the yarn each shipment! I'm still pretty much a beginner! Thanks Tonni for leading me astray......um.....I mean for sharing this great yarn with me and telling me about the Rockin Sock Club!! LOL!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that's a wonderful idea. I wish I had spent New Years Day doing exactly the same thing! Hey, maybe I'll borrow your idea for my bday! Hmmmmm Just might do that! GRIN

Love the socks. I'm so glad you gave yourself the present of the Sock Club. You deserve it girl!

Anonymous said...

Now that is a perfect way to start out a new year!

Doogle Knits said...

Sounds like you brought in the new year right. I joined the Socks That Rock Sock Club too. I can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for a day with nothing to do! And I love that STR too - the KnitPicks yarns are great yarn for the money, but nothing can really compare to the really really good stuff.

Anonymous said...

You are welcome - i'll lead you astray anytime as long as you'll share your mimosa's :)

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great idea for a perfect day. The sock is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful New Year's Day! I like that purple sock.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! You will enjoy the Sock Club and it is fun to see what they will come up with for each shipment.