Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Currently on my needles and future projects on my mind.


I'm not sure what exactly has "gotten into" me.....I seem to have "startitis". I who usually likes to start and finish a project before moving on to the next thing.....not counting of course the vest that I started.....oh a year or so ago that I am sure I will finish some day.....in the far distant future when I have lost weight and the "girls" are back to the size I was when the pattern was written! Hee! Hee!

I am so in awe of those that knit clothing......but I fear I have KADD, (Knitting Attention Deficit Disorder). I do love those short n sweet, immediate gratification type projects!!! Gee....wonder what that says about me.....oh well....let's not go there shall we???

I have finished one green sock, started the mate, got excited about another yarn that required a smaller needle, cast it on, felt in a wild mood and started the funky multi colored scarf......sort of looks like raimee noodles on acid don't you think?? LOL!!

THEN.....I run by the LYS....spend money (O.K, O.K., I KNOW I didn't need to spend money on MORE sock yarn)....and bought not one, not two, but 6 skeins of yarn to make socks with!!! I still have sock yarn in my stash....but THIS yarn is for a specific sock project so it really shouldn't count against me!!!

Must be the weather, a full moon, all the planets are in some cosmic alignment.......or maybe I just have no self restraint.....yeah...it's the weather.....it IS.......REALLY!!!!!

8 comments:

Doogle Knits said...

I've got it too. Currently on my needles, the lotus blossom tank, one yellow mystery washcloth, 4 pairs of socks (two for me, one for Sock Party Pal, one for Hurrican Party Pal), and one bag which will be felted. My head is easily turned and I suffer from a short attention span when it comes to large knitting projects. I like my satisfaction to be practically instantaneous! :-) I've got enough yarn to make 50+ pairs of socks right now. I should be ashamed, but I'm not.

Yarn Collectors Anonymous said...

Ohhh.....sock yarn for 50 pairs.....that's it.....where's my KnitPicks catalog!! LOL!!!!

Emily said...

I prefer to think of it as, "Multitasking." We don't have startistis, I have Too Many Good Ideas...yeah, that's the ticket

grace said...

KADD - I LOVE IT! If it makes you feel better, it took me 2 years to complete a hoodie sweater.

I think Emily has it right about the multitasking!

Life's a Stitch said...

I laughed at your reference to KADD. I have a friend who can't grasp knitting and she says it's due to "a hole in her concept imagrey." We've gotten a few chuckles over that. She buys yarn and we end up knitting it for her as it takes too much time to fix her mistakes.
Li

Frarochvia said...

Ah yes, kadd. I've just now been bitten by that. It's rather mortifying, for a self-avowed single projecter.

Yarn? You always need more. Right? Right.

Frarochvia said...

Ah yes, kadd. I've just now been bitten by that. It's rather mortifying, for a self-avowed single projecter.

Yarn? You always need more. Right? Right.

RheLynn said...

I definitely get into startitis moods -- which is probably why I have four unmatched socks in my pile right now, and have never cast on the mates for any of them.. ahem.. err, well 4.2, as I started yet another one yesterday ;o)

It is just such a nice feeling to be trying something new and seeing it work up quickly, especially as a new knitter!

Clothing is still a long way off here too, kudos for trying a vest!