Friday, March 24, 2006


Vest Day Two

I was hoping to get a full two hours of knitting in last night but my DH kept interrupting me with questions and sending me on scavenger hunts for receipts, checks, etc. for income tax.....I KNOW it is almost April 15th and here we are just getting started.....BUT.....considering we are lifetime members of the procrastinators club we feel like we are doing pretty darn good....I mean it IS still March!! LOL!

In reading over my pattern last night I realized the pattern is only written for the BACK of the vest! This pattern was written for me by the YS owner that taught me to knit. (Remember the vest I put down in lieu of making scarves?).....looks like I'll have to make a trip back to get the rest of the pattern!! Unfortunately this particular YS is only open when the owner wants to open....pretty frustrating. Come to think of it.....in looking at what I have knitted it is looking MIGHTY small even if it is just the front (casted on 67 stitches). I'm not exactly plus size but I'm not tiny either!! Oh well.....if it ends up too small I can give it to my sister....she's the lucky one that got the "teeny tiny" gene!!! Ha! I'm the one that walks by food and gain s weight....but that's another issue!

Not sure how much knitting I'll get in this weekend. Going out with friends tonight for Mexican food (my excuse for Margarita on the rocks with extra salt please).....then working tomorrow...oh well.....I know I'll have at least 2 hours Sunday night....Desperate Houswives and Greys Anatomy....can't miss!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you have on your vest looks really good! I like the edging and the color. Y'all have a good weekend!

Tonni said...

Hi Darlene! You might want to try Knit Nouveau in Helena. I know it is quite a way from Trussville, but they ARE open 10 am-6 pm, Tues-Fri and Sat until 3:00. They have SNB twice a month on Thursday evenings. This Thursday is the next one and I'll be there.

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Thanks so much for the invitation! It is quite a hike from Trussville to Helena! I would love to come one evening and join in for SnB. I have a knitting club that meets here in Trussville, 1st and 3rd Thursday night of each month. I look forward to coming and meeting you. If you have a chance please drop in and visit us. We meet at the Coffee House in Trussville 6:30-9:00. Darlene :)