Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Today's Ten On Tuesday Subject is 10 Favorite Sounds, so in no particular order:
3. Train Whistle
4. Ocean waves crashing on the beach
5. Wind blowing
6. Anything played on an acoustic guitar
7. Piano music
8. Saxaphone music
10. The stillness that comes with standing outside listening to snow fall.
Monday, July 27, 2009
It's a bowl of blueberries, pulled from the freezer and thawing for breakfast!!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Graphic courtesy of Tonya!
And...here we go!
1. Grilled burgers (because the hubby is in charge of the grill) and salad make a quick and easy dinner.
2. Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson is the book I'm reading right now.
3. July brings back memories of being a kid and swimming at the pool and playing with cousins, in town for the summer.
4. The crash of Jon & Kate was obvious.
5. They say if you tell your dreams you will be jinxed.
6. It is ALWAYS best to think it over.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Farming on Facebook, knitting, tomorrow my plans include baking my Dad a German Chocolate cake for his birthday, shopping for a birthday gift, washing the MOUNDS of laundry and Sunday, I want to call a Pajama Day, but will be traveling out of town to spend the day with my Dad for his Birthday!
I recently ran across the Better In Bulk blog and have decided to start following and posting my own......
I have had a love of photography that dates back to my teenage years when I got my first 35mm camera. While in college, I took photography classes and fell in love with the dark room....watching pictures magically come to life on paper was AWESOME!! (All you digital age photographers have missed out!)
Over the years I carted my camera (totally manual) with me everywhere I went.....including all the props of white boards for reflection, tripod, etc. All in hopes of catching that perfect shot. But then life got busy, my camera ended up in a yard sale and I have always, ALWAYS regretted letting it go!!!! I would love to dig out my books for a refresher course and get back to totally manual photography.
BUT.....until then......I'll be posting a weekly "Give Me Your Best Shot" digital picture....and here is this week's best shot.
My husband's great niece, age two, who had decided she'd had quite enough of the wedding festivities, crawled under the table at the reception and proceeded to remove her dress.....when asked what she was doing she just put her little hands up and said she was "nekkid".....as if I were too dumb to understand!! LOL!!
It's hard to see on this shot, but if you go here, although a bit grainy, you will see a perfect little lipstick kiss on her left cheek.
Shot with just your basic point and shoot digital camera.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Heidi Says: I'm bored....want to come play with me???
Now For The Announcement Portion Of The Blog:
DISH RAG TAG 2009 sign ups will start SOON!! Go to Emily's website for all the details.
Over the past few years I have enjoyed the DRT as well as the Wee Tiny Sock Swap!! I know it takes a lot of work to pull these off and in a show of support want to encourage everyone to head over and check out the AWESOME patterns Emily has written and has available for sale.
Once prizes are purchased for the DRT, all proceeds from the sock pattern will be donated to the Humane Society.
Over the years, Emily has and continues to intervene in the care and placement of what otherwise would be a sad predicament for a lot of different animals. Oh...and all this while caring for a toddler!!!
I am all about supporting my fellow knitters as well as such a worthy cause and I hope you will too!! The bowling ball and pin are too cute!!!
If you aren't a sock knitter or have a little one to knit for....it is still for a worthy cause.
If you prefer to check it out on Ravelry.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
First: Off The Needles!!
Secret Knitting!! I was asked to test knit a pair of socks and was flattered to say the least!!!
The pattern writer is someone that I admire VERY much!!
I believe the details will be available tomorrow......so please check back for an update. Hopefully tomorrow the pattern will be posted on Ravelry!!
My test knitting was done with Colinette Jitterbug Yarn...of course I have no idea the color name/number as the BALLBAND.....is missing!! Hee, Hee!!!
This weekend I attended the wedding festivities for a most precious couple......which I have the good luck of being related to the groom as he is my husband's nephew!
The wedding was simply lovely, about 300 in attendance yet it was not an overwhelming affair!!
Both are graduates of Auburn University!! The bride just graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in mathematics education and the groom graduated 2008 Cum Laude and is currently a Sophomore at the Auburn University School of Veterinary Science..(his older sister is about to graduate from Vet School)...Woo Hoo...two vets in the family!!
The happy couple left the church via the tractor so lovingly delivered and decorated (in lieu of their car)....by all the Groomsmen. TOO CUTE!!!!
After a week in Colorado it will be back to school for Brian and Kelli will be starting her first year teaching Math!!
Sweetest couple EVER!!!
AND......the color red!!!!
Thanks my friend.....red makes me VERY happy!!!
Friday, July 10, 2009
1. The last thing I ate was oatmeal and fresh blueberries.
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Friday, July 03, 2009
1. When I heard Ginger's description of a potential funeral for Michael Jackson I about fell out of my chair.
2. Love and laughter truly is the best medicine.
3. It's late, but NEVER too late to do the right thing in any situation.
4. I try to do the right thing always. (note...I said TRY).
5. My eyes have seen a lot that I wish I had never had to see.
6. I believe in God strongly.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to knitting and watching a movie, tomorrow my plans include hopefully not much and Sunday, I want to do my usual, knit and do some baking!