Friday, July 17, 2009
Friday Fill Ins & A New Post!!
Graphic courtesy of Tonya!
And...here we go!
1. Grilled burgers (because the hubby is in charge of the grill) and salad make a quick and easy dinner.
2. Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson is the book I'm reading right now.
3. July brings back memories of being a kid and swimming at the pool and playing with cousins, in town for the summer.
4. The crash of Jon & Kate was obvious.
5. They say if you tell your dreams you will be jinxed.
6. It is ALWAYS best to think it over.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Farming on Facebook, knitting, tomorrow my plans include baking my Dad a German Chocolate cake for his birthday, shopping for a birthday gift, washing the MOUNDS of laundry and Sunday, I want to call a Pajama Day, but will be traveling out of town to spend the day with my Dad for his Birthday!
I recently ran across the Better In Bulk blog and have decided to start following and posting my own......
I have had a love of photography that dates back to my teenage years when I got my first 35mm camera. While in college, I took photography classes and fell in love with the dark room....watching pictures magically come to life on paper was AWESOME!! (All you digital age photographers have missed out!)
Over the years I carted my camera (totally manual) with me everywhere I went.....including all the props of white boards for reflection, tripod, etc. All in hopes of catching that perfect shot. But then life got busy, my camera ended up in a yard sale and I have always, ALWAYS regretted letting it go!!!! I would love to dig out my books for a refresher course and get back to totally manual photography.
BUT.....until then......I'll be posting a weekly "Give Me Your Best Shot" digital picture....and here is this week's best shot.
My husband's great niece, age two, who had decided she'd had quite enough of the wedding festivities, crawled under the table at the reception and proceeded to remove her dress.....when asked what she was doing she just put her little hands up and said she was "nekkid".....as if I were too dumb to understand!! LOL!!
It's hard to see on this shot, but if you go here, although a bit grainy, you will see a perfect little lipstick kiss on her left cheek.
Shot with just your basic point and shoot digital camera.