Thursday, June 05, 2008

All The Way From Scotland!!



Woo Hoo!!! Look what came in the mail today......all the way from Scotland!!!!


I ordered the Brambler scarf pattern from Knitspot last month and just HAD to use the yarn used for the pattern picture......by Old Maiden Aunt in the Bramble color way!!


I had to get up early (time difference) in order to place my order when the batch went on-line for sale...but I GOT IT!!! YIPPEE!!


I wasn't able to get as crisp a picture as I would like...the macro mode on my camera resulted in a subtle washed out color, so I used my long range zoom to get this.....too lazy to pull out my tripod...so it is a bit fuzzy...BUT.....you can see all the many, many, VERY subtle variations in the color!!


I can't WAIT to get this scarf started!!!



The yarn content is 55% silk and 45%Cashmere....


Oh such decadence I have NEVER knit with....much less for ME!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm....cashmere! Knit it slowly, so you can enjoy every second!

sara said...

Omigosh I love the color! So Grapey! MMM. Grape soda

Bubblesknits said...

Beautiful. I love all the different shades of purple. :-)

Anonymous said...

Saaaavor that yarn!

PS I just discovered what all the munching and crunching is! Cute sheep.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

ginger said...

That is just so pretty!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

OMG, I got soooo jealous when i read the fiber content. Beautiful yarn indeed. And I do love the scarf pattern. I need to buy that one I think. Wait ... i have to STOP buying for awhile.