Saturday, August 18, 2007

Rag Tag UPDATE....AND....Bloggers Are The Best!!

I DID receive the Rag Tag Box Today.....YIPPEE!!! More about that below.

BUT First: I had the wonderful pleasure of getting to meet one of my blog buddies and her friend at an Alpaca breeder meeting held in Birmingham!! It was a short visit but how awesome it was for me to finally meet Elizabeth with the added bonus of meeting her friend Ginny!! Just an instant connection to them both.....like running into an old friend......talking a mile a minute trying to play "catch up" on everything!!! LOL!!!

Both ladies went to the SAFF last year and gave me so much good information and answered a lot of questions I had....not to mention sharing lots of good info on using a drop spindle and spinning wheel!! (Oh....I am SOOOO going to the basement after I finish this and get that last coat of polyurethane on my wheel)!!! I seem to have acquired a "spinning fever" this morning!!! LOL!!!

We plan to meet up again in the near future and hope to have more time before we all go to SAFF....which I'm not sure what I am most excited about.....the SAFF itself or spending time with friends!!!!

I ALSO got to meet Karen with the Birmingham Spinning Guild....what can I say.....just another wonderful woman that I felt an instant comfort level with!! I am DEFINITELY going to be seeing her again and hopefully soon at one of the Guild Meetings!!! Karen gave me a lot of good information on spinning wheels....of which she states I will have several rather than just one!! LOL!!

What a fun morning!!!!!!!!!!

Now to the Rag Tag Update:









It's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!























I could NOT believe my eyes when I opened the box....Helen....I guess great minds must think alike because this is the VERY same pattern I had planned to use!!! LOL!!!! Love the color choices!! It is still in the 100+ degree days here and the pink/brown yarn reminds me of Neopolitan ice-cream that my grandmother would have in her freezer....and the blue is like the ocean!!!


Hmmm...since today is Saturday and I have until Monday to get the pkg. mailed I will have to think about which I want to use and which one I want to add to my stash!!


A BIG thanks to Helen for such a GREAT package!!! I N.E.E.D.E.D. the needle/ruler!!!















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to meet a blogger in real life! I'm looking forward to see how your spinning wheel turned out.

Carrie said...

What a fun package! Our team is kicking butt.

Anonymous said...

Glad your box finally arrived and I bet you are first in line at the post office this morning.
Sounds like a fun weekend!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Sounds like you're back on track. And it is really a lot of fun to meet up with Blogger friends isn't it? I hope I get back down to AL someday. If I do, you'll know about it! ;-)