Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend In Review





There was a Birthday Celebration!!







My Mother turned 76...can you BELIEVE it?? I am SO lucky to have a wonderful mother!!!!!

AND she he has NO wrinkles!! (click the pic to enlarge....you'll see I am NOT joking)!! Sure hope I received that gene...guess time will tell!! We all went out for lunch then home for Birthday cake and a great visit!!

I finished a pair of socks for the Sock A Month KAL





Trekking XXL in the Twin Rib Pattern








AND.......after a conversation with my friend Laura ...(who needs to update her blog with all her fabulous socks and updated pics of Master Coal)...but I digress..........during the course of our conversation we naturally came around to the subject of knitting.
In a nutshell, Laura feels that knitting needles are lonely when not in the presence of yarn....and feels that it is better to have lot's of UFO's/projects on the needles/new cast ons than to have needles languishing away. (Me thinks she doth justify too much).........

So I cast on 7 pairs of socks!!!!!!!!! (A pitifully inadequate number considering there are SOME with socks in various states in the DOUBLE DIGITS).......but anything to help out a friend to feel better!! LOL!!






L to R: JoJo Land, Mystery yarn, Supersocke 100, Koigu



L to R: Colinette Jitterbug, Fleece Artist, Fortissima
I may need to order more needles!!!! LOL!!!!!!

8 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Holy cow! What's your Mom's secret? She does NOT look 76!

Little Miss Drama Pants said...

Happy Birthday Mom! She looks fabulous! Also, if any of those FINISHED socks need a home, let me know. ;-)

wendy g said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Looks like you have a good start on those socks.

Life's a Stitch said...

Holy, seven! That has got to be a record. Happy B'Day to your mom. Mine turns 80 on Saturday.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

She CAN'T be ... not 76. Someone has lied to her. Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Sydney said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. She doesn't even look close to 76!

LOL at your 7 sock starts.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!

SEVEN? That's just amazing. I'd never keep the patterns straight.

Natalie Rush said...

Love that idea!! I have started to cast on more projects than I'm working on. I think I'll limit it to only casting on as many projects as I have project bags.. :) Still could be quite a few!! :)