Friday, February 12, 2010

41,42,43/365 And SNOW!!

Oops......need to catch up!!



First UP: A sweet friend of mine and her too cute for words little boy came for a visit on Wednesday and brought me not one...but TWO surprises!!!


We both share a love of pottery, Jerry Brown pottery in particular and she brought me an apple baker!!!! NOTHING any better than an apple baked this way!!



AND........during one of her travels found a sock form at an antique store!!! (She knows how much I love sock knitting)


I am trying to come up with a good way to display the form...it is so pretty and I love how the wood looks at the top!!



















Completed: One Soybean Sock...and Apple Baker!!







To use the apple baker, you core an apple and place on the spike. Place a little pat of butter in the top, sugar, cinnamon, place in the microwave for just a few minutes to desired doneness and enjoy!! All the juices wil be caught up in the bowl and once you remove the apple you can drizzle all those juices back over the top of the apple. Just too darn yummy!!!!!



I took this pic about 30 minutes after it started snowing. It is coming down like crazy...will post more later today. We just don't get snow enough down her in the South to ever get tired of it!!



Tonight: It is the opening ceremony for Ravelympics...or for all you non-knitters....the Olympics!!! Go Team Ravelpaws!!!!

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Oooh...I think I need one of those apple baker thingies. Mmmm.....

elizabeth said...

Wasn't it beautiful?!?! I wish we'd have gotten more snow last night!

Anonymous said...

Oh Goodness Darlene. I saw that sock form and though OMG the blockers have broken! LOL.... It sure looks old!

Did you know that I've begun making blockers, blogging and knitting again? Yep I can hardly believe it.